April 15, 2023 at midnight is the application deadline for the 44th Yuma Art Symposium in February of 2024.
To Prospective Yuma Symposium Presenters
Symposium presenters come from a wide variety of media and from all walks of creative life including those in academia, emerging artists, international icons and working makers at various points in their careers. The qualities that unify the over 300 top-notch presenters who have appeared in Yuma are passion and commitment to their art or craft, the quality of their work and their willingness to engage, inform and usually entertain. Presenters leave as ambassadors for Yuma, Arizona Western College and the Symposium.
Please keep in mind –
Presentations run about 60 to 90 minutes for a lecture and 2 hours for a combined lecture with demonstration. Demonstrations alone run 90minutes. The lecture or demo is done one time during the symposium. Priority is given to lectures with demos. The audience is from 150 to 200 people. An attempt is made to represent as many disciplines as possible.
You will be asked to upload the following information in the application.
- A current resume – with your name as you wish it to appear on publicity, address, telephone numbers, e-mail, website url
- 5-10 digital images of recent work in Jpeg file format 2400 pixels along the long side of the image at 120dpi in CMYK or RGB Color mode. Images should be representative of the work that you will be presenting.
- A written proposal for a slide/digital presentation or lecture/demo including:
Proposed title of the presentation, 0ne or two paragraphs that explain the content of the presentation and brief bio for local publicity
- Artist statement
- Presentation Requirements: If any equipment, or settings are required for a demo/presentation, please give specifics. The Symposium has very limited resources available for demonstrations. Specify all of your AV needs (ie. number of projectors, screens, data projector, etc.).
- Incomplete Applications will not be considered
The symposium pays for travel and hotel. Honorariums are $400.00.
Please direct questions to Neely Tomkins, Executive Director 928-750-1195 email@example.com